Thursday, September 20, 2007

The better to CU with my dear

All the Alchemists are having fun with hubstacks lately. Eric is at it this time - modifying a CU. CU, Alchemy FHZ hubstack kit, YYF T-stacks. He says it best, so I'm not even going to try and summarize. (I even stole his topic)

So, what you have here starts with a CU with a HEAVILY modified Alchemy hub stack kit. The post/nuts were machined down so that the outer edge of the stack sits inside the outer edge of the yo-yo rim. Then I took a set of YYF T-stacks and reduced the diameter so that they would fit inside the rim with a little clearance (I’ll bet I’m the only person on the planet that has a jam chuck for hub stacks – you turners will know what I mean). Then I scanned the CU eye image from the lid of the box it came in, enlarged it slightly, and printed it on self-adhesive clear label stock. Then I laminated the label stock, stuck the images on the modded T-stacks, and trimmed it around the outside.


No comments: